Saturday 19 October 2013

OOTD #6 - Look Mum! I'm a pumpkin!!!!

If I could,I would wear beautiful dresses and skirts all day,preferably vintage.Probably with a tiara,just because,ala Maureen O'Hara in the mansion scene in The Red Shoes. But alas as a big girl it's not so easy to find vintage/vintage repro pieces in XXL sizing.Or when I do,they're out of my budget.Le sigh.So sometimes I resign myself to buying things because they fit well even though they aren't really my style.



Seriously.This is her casual 'relaxing around my mansion' outfit.



I bought this top from New Look impulsively,when I was living in Scotland and had access to New Look weekly.I think it was cheap in the sales,but when I came home I realised it made me resemble a pumpkin.I don't usually wear things so loose.I prefer being nipped in at the waist and looking more hourglass than pumpkin.

Part of starting to blog my outfits was to encourage me to experiment more and wear things I normally wouldn't...........but I have to say I think this one is resigned to the op -shop lot :(

I also deviated from the norm with my make up.Usually it's 2 extremes - no make up when I'm hands on-team leading,or a really bold,bold lip and eyes when I'm on my one office day or off duty.But with the pumpkin outfit I needed something more neutral,so it was on with the coral lip paint-gloss thingy.Really not sure about that either.......

Oh,and these photos were taken at the end of the day hence the frazzled,flyaway hair look.....and I've only just discovered how to edit my photos.I just can't be arsed going back and editing these again.

Yeah,sooooo not sure about this outfit....

Still not sure........

I look like a damn pumpkin!

Pumpkin!!!! Yeah,I can't take myself seriously in this outfit.

Don't know what I'm doing here,but looks better with leggings.

Yep,definitely prefer it with leggings.



Coral lips,out of my comfort zone.
And of course a giant hair flower :)

OUTFIT DETAILS

Top - New Look (Glasgow -old)

Skirt - Big W (old)

Leggings - New Look (old)

Hair Flower - Primark (Glasgow - old)

Shoes - Sportsgirl $10 in the sales (old)

Lips - Napoleon,Liberated from the Princess.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following my blog.
    I am honoured.
    I count on your friendship.
    have a lovely Sunday.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon! I love your style,so happy I found your blog.xox

      Delete